The agricultural land on White Springs has a rich and diverse history dating back to the 1700's. White Springs Farm is named for the beautiful clear springs on the property and was home to world-famous sheep and Guernsey cattle before it became one of the foremost fruit farms in the Northeast.
Carl Fribolin, Geneva philanthropist and agricultural entrepreneur, bought White Springs Farm in 1973 to use for Seedway. In 2003, wanting to address a problem with soil erosion caused by the sloping nature of the farmland, he planted 13 acres of grapes and White Springs Winery was born. In just 4 years, those 13 acres have become 40 acres and include Riesling, Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Gewurztraminer and Sauvignon Blanc.